Saturday, February 21, 2009

Moving Ahead

So I spent most of the day yesterday working on what we used to call “paperwork”.  Now such things are done online through dedicated web portals and other Internet-related media.  I think that I like this better because usually I’d have to write things with pen or pencil and paper.  I have really lost the ability to write legibly, so most of what I do nowadays that I want to be able to read is done on a computer. 

One of the things that I was doing was filing income taxes.  I did this so that I could file a FAFSA.  This is another in a long line of acronyms developed by some branch of our Federal government.  It is one part of a plea for funding for my seminary education.  The other part is an institutional form for Asbury Seminary. 

In order for a person to become Ordained in the United Methodist Church, there is a two-prong process.  Getting accepted into Asbury is only one part of the process.  Parallel to this is another process supervised by the Florida Conference of the UMC.  I have begun this process.  My next step is to meet with the District Superintendent.

I emailed him earlier this week, then followed up with a phone call late in the week and I’m hoping for a call and an appointment next week.  My pastor thinks the next step is for me to have a pastor/mentor assigned to me.  Then this person and I will work through some kind of workbook or notebook. 

It still seems amazing to me that God would want to use me as a pastor.  I do know that this is what He wants for me, but I really don’t know why.

No comments: