Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A learning experience

So, this coming Friday will be the end of the first month of retirement.  Since I haven't ever done this before, I don't really know how things are going. 

I do know that I like the idea of not having to be anywhere at a given time.  Last week I had to replace a dryer.  I did it beginning at 9:00 pm.  Finished at about 10:30 pm, still washed and dried a load of clothes before going to bed.  Replacing the dryer wasn't fun, but being able to do it when I wanted to was.

I have had quite a few former students (who are now in college) find me on Facebook.  This is really neat.  I feel as if what God wants me to do is to be a minister to college age students.  Maybe this is the first step.  May be it doesn't mean anything.

As always I covet your prayers and look for your comments.

1 comment:

L A Brannen said...

Enjoy the retirement freedom. When I first realized that I was retired, it seemed that I had more time than now. As time progresses it seems I find myself more and more involved in things. Some of those things I do not care to be involved in but find it hard to say "NO!" Especially to my mom and my wife. I may have to re-establish my retirement! :)